Monday, February 11, 2019

WEEKEND TRAVEL - Amazing Herd!


On a trip to Poplar Bluff on Saturday I spotted a field loaded with a herd of deer. I have never seen so many deer on private land... on  preserve, yes. But never in an open field. Between the ridge to the left out of camera, across the field to the far side of the pond out of camera on the right, I counted THIRTY!

This was as close as I could get. I pulled over and took a couple of shots then about a block up, I found the farmer's entrance to the field. The gate set back from the road a bit so I was able to get a bit closer. With cropping, this is the best view out of all of them.

With all the rains we've had, the fields are greening up and these beauties were enjoying the bounty.

As cars and trucks whizzed by, I had to wonder how many of them were missing this amazing site. I'm glad I was able to see them.

While we're talking deer (okay meat in general) I had dinner at my favorite restaurant in Poplar Bluff last night. Castello's is an Italian restaurant connected to the Holiday Inn. They offer Prime Rib on Friday and Saturday nights. Folks, if you want the BEST prime rib in the Ozarks, I suggest a drive to Poplar Bluff.

I'll leave you with these two pics.


The 20 oz. King Cut... medium rare. This is an end-cut.


The depth of the fork tines tell you the thickness of this juicy piece of meat .



No comments:

Post a Comment