Wednesday, June 2, 2021

CATCHING UP!

 Good morning, everyone! Welcome to another soggy day in southeast MO. 

I woke up to rain yesterday morning. By bedtime we had just under 1".

Woke up to rain this morning with just over 2" in the rain gauge (total of about the past 26 hours)

I'm tired of rain. 

Why blogger has decided to doublespace my posts, I have no clue. As I type this, I have 7 squirrels complaining their feeders (mind you the feeders are actually for the birds). Nuts, the alpha male of the group comes up on the deck and scratches at the metal feed can to get my attention... then sits on the railing and looks in the window to see if I've heard.  This is only a couple of my critters. Nuts is the one hanging from the woodpecker suet cage:


After my post last week, I had to jump full in to a 7-day creative collab for my day job. The project required working up multiple small art projects, filming and posting a video each day. I am currently uploading my last required creative video as I write this post. I'll have one more 'final' to do then this collaborative project can be put away... and the next one started. The next one won't be as intense. 


First week of the month means Laundry/ Kitchen detail. 
Laundry room includes, taking recyclables in, putting the shelf lines back in place, filling all the laundry cleaning items, sanitizing the cat counter as well as deep cleaning the floor and the litter box.
I still haven't put the summer liners back on the shelves nor hung the cafe curtains up. I'll get that done so the storage tub can go back out to the warehouse - out of the dining room.

The kitchen this week won't be as intense. I do want to get a set of glasses down off the soffit area to be washed then put in the donation box for the thrift store run this week. Everything else up there needs a serious cleaning but not this week. Next month when I can move more normally. While I can do stuff, I'm still having to be careful how I move so as not to re-injure the rib and muscles. 

Tuesday should have been the travel post I promised you. That is coming tomorrow. That 7-day collab just pushed a lot of things back. I have the pamphlets here and pictures handy to write that post as soon as I'm done with this one.

My approach to Fly Lady is proof I am a 1950s housewife at heart. Those women did specific deep cleaning tasks on certain days, as seen here by these recreations from PINTEREST   Do you have a cleaning schedule? 

Please share in the comments below. Maybe you do something that would work for me.

Whatever you choose to do today, Enjoy the Journey

~ Kelly 





No comments:

Post a Comment