Good morning, everyone!
Another hot day in south-central Missouri. I am so over summer.
I did get the patriotic decor taken down yesterday and all the fabric stuff washed. Well, except for one mat. Have you ever thought you had everything in the washer only to discover you missed something AFTER the load is finished? That one mat will go in with the curtains, hopefully later this week. I try to have my fall decor up by our anniversary on the twenty-fifth. This will be our forty-second anniversary.
I'm determined to really dive in deep to the living room this week. Get the last of the dry mixes done so the canning jars can go back to the basement. I won't be pressure canning or making preserves for a couple more months. Finally get the tub of boxes for wrapping gifts taken care of. From there, it's general cleaning.
LIVING ROOM:
* Put away anything that doesn't belong in the space. Have children? Get them to help. I'll bet most of it is theirs anyway.
* Curtains, take them down. If you can, take them outside to shake out. If not, a no-heating setting on the dryer with a previously used dryer sheet will help. NOTE: Check the cleaning instructions for your drapes/ curtains.
* Dust Everything.
Door/ window frames
Wash the windows (I will add this to last week's list), including tacks. HERE'S a short VIDEO for tips. Clean window tracks help keep the windows energy efficient.
Remove knick knacks from shelves, wipe them down and dust the shelves. (this used to be part of my every Saturday house cleaning as a teenager. Did you have weekly chores?)
Fan Blades/ Light Fixtures
*Furniture
Using a vacuum hose attackment, clean between sofa/ chair cushions.
Sweep under/ behind all the furniture you can
Sweep/ vacuum/ mop the floor.
Often times, just picking up what doesn't belong in a room can make a huge difference in the asthetics.
DINING ROOM:
If you don't have a dining room, swap out for another room in your home. The basics will fly anywhere thoughout your cleaning routine.
* Put things away that don't belong.
This is a great time to see if you're putting the same things away every week and can you create a better storage system for them. Because we practically live at our dining room table. Bob built us each a cart for our respective sides of the table for the things we like to keep handy.
* Shake out drapes/ curtains (same application as for the Living Room)
* Windows & sills (same as for Living Room & other rooms in your home)
*Change linens such as table cloth/ runner
* Dust everything
Shelves
Sideboard
Table/ Chair legs & cross boards
Fan Blades
Door frames/ base boards
*China Hutch/ cabinets
Dust will seep in between the doors.
I deep clean mine once a year - prepping for Christmas decor. I take everything out, rinse/ dry them, wipe down the inside and shelves then put dishes back in place.
Sweep/ vacuum/ mop
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Once you get into this routine, you won't need to be as detailed with things like the window tracks (maybe once a quarter) unless you've had storms that blow everything in through the screen to settle in the tracks.
HERE IS A VIDEO on cleaning tips collected from 'professionals on Tik Tok. The first one they show is using a Swiffer. I use this trick because I'm less than tall so reaching things like the top of the mirror can be a challenge without climbing or asking Bob to wipe it down. I also use a shorter handle with a cloth on my swiffer to wipe down the inside of my oven after I've run the cleaning cycle.
If you have any tips to share or questions about how to clean something, please post them in the comments below.
Be safe, Be prepared, Be Blessed!
~ Kelly

No comments:
Post a Comment