Monday, October 23, 2017

WEEKEND TRAVEL - 10-14-17

I'm finally getting back in here. Truth is, I've been traveling just not getting in here to post pictures - or much of anything else. And today is a quick fly through as we prepare to start stripping  out the garden. I can NOT believe we are talking wind chills in the teens for later this week. Really? It's not even Halloween!!

So today we are laying the mulch for a new strawberry bed I'll need next spring and scheduling delivery of the 30 hay bales I need for the spring as well. We'll get them set into place and they should be ready for feeding/ planting on schedule when the time comes.

In the mean time, I thought I'd take you with me to where I was last weekend. For almost 20 years I've been attending the Ozark Creative Writers Conference in Eureka Springs MO. This is a true meeting of the minds as writing conferences go. This year marked our 51st year! That's a feat in itself.

For 50 of those years we have met at Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. This is the only hotel I will stay in when traveling to the 'stair-step town'. The staff is always pleasant, easy to work with and like family. Once you stay there you'll understand why they have a 4 Star rating across the board.

This was our table on Saturday night at the Awards Banquet. 
The two gentlemen, John (L) & Tom (R) were new friends we made this year.


Are you an Indian Jones fan? Max McCoy is the man behind those amazing stories. 
Beyond talented!

A cross between our Cassville MO writers group and Oghma Creative
We're a cross over. as 4 of the 5 you see in this picture belong to both groups.

L - R:
Max McCoy, Kim McCoy (Max's wife) Johnny Boggs


The Bard of the South
Ricky Pittman

If you ever aspire to be a writer in any genre, THIS is the conference you want to put on your list of ones to attend - the TOP of your list just a step below genre specific. 


No comments:

Post a Comment