Monday, February 5, 2018

WEEKEND TRAVEL - The Market Basket and Cafe

A week ago last Saturday Bob and I took a trip to Poplar Bluff, MO. Poplar Bluff is growing by leaps and bounds. With the exception of a Sam's Club, we can get just about anything we need there. If it weren't for bulk flour and sugar, I could bypass the 'club' all together.

As we passed through Elsinore, we saw that a restaurant we used to visit on occasion has changed into a place of sheer enjoyment. 

The Market Basket and Cafe is a fabulous surplus discount grocer - something that is popular in this area - as well as a deli and scrumptious buffet.

And I do mean SCRUMPTIOUS. I was surprised to find that after eating there that when I weighed in on Sunday I'd actually dropped two pounds!

The Buffalo Hot Wings, that are not all that 'hot' but pleasantly spiced in a thin buffalo hot sauce, pork ribs that are smoked to perfection, pulled pork, smoked chicken and meatloaf. They offer a wide variety of sides from real mashed potatoes with a rich brown gravy, fried okra, green beans, corn... well, you get the idea. I'm sure some of the sides change periodically. There is also a full salad bar, desserts and beverage selection included in the price of about $12.


The Market sits along Hwy 60 - Westbound lane across from Leerjack truckstop just west of Elsinore city limits. Plenty of parking and seating. They even have picnic tables for outside in pleasant weather!

Aside from the buffet, The Market offers a wide selection of grocery surplus including spices in bulk. The Deli includes a variety of meats and cheeses sliced to order.

If you're cruising through Elsinore MO, on your way to Branson, plan on this place for lunch or dinner. With their bountiful comfort food selections cooked to perfection, you won't go away hungry!


I apologize for the snowy photos. I failed to take pictures while we were there so my husband kindly stopped in a snowstorm to take these pictures for me yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment