Monday, February 19, 2018

WEEKEND TRAVEL - Cruising on the River

This week,  I want to give you a totally different view of my world... or rather my husband's world.

I don't know if I've mentioned before that my husband is a river boat captain. His life's work has had him on the river for over thirty years. Over the course of his job, he has shared many pictures he has taken while cruising down the river. They've included Bald Eagles perched in a tree, geese on the barges enjoying bread bits from crew members as well as deer and fox along the banks or attempting to navigate floating ice chunks in an effort to cross the treacherous waters.

But my favorites are of the sunsets. On a recent long-trip down the Illinois from Joliet to just north of St. Louis. He doesn't normally make this long haul but the ice required tow boats to make the run rather than one and Bob was willing to bank some time.

I hope you enjoy these pictures he took.

This first shot is just approaching a bend..


As he capped the turn... behold:


No comments:

Post a Comment