Monday, March 26, 2018

WEEKEND TRAVELS - The Old Home Place

I've not traveled much in the past couple of weeks. I just don't leave the house much.  I did go to West Plains on Friday for a book launch at Wages Brewing Company. Nice little place. I tried a 4 oz of Irish Red. Very smooth beer. The owner seems to know what he's doing. Normally, I don't drink even one drink and drive but I felt safe in having a 4 oz. without issues. They offer various forms of gathering fun nearly every night of the month... from live music to Trivia and card games. I look forward to visiting again soon.

My pictures this week are from my own back yard.
From the time we moved here, there have been daffodils. Lots of daffodils in large groupings like this one in the back yard I've dubbed 'On Golden Pond' for it does look like a miniature yellow pond.


A couple of closer looks:



Last fall I planted over 100 bulbs in various places throughout the yard. My main focus was under the big Maple. I'm seeing some fruits of my labors in the Hyacinths. Nothing from the Tulips yet except for green leaves.



I hope to be out and about more in the coming weeks if the rain will ever stop and the temperatures warm up enough to want to venture outside for more than a few minutes.

Have you planted flowers? Do you have favorites? Link in your comments below so I can come wander your garden.

Blessings!

1 comment: