Monday, July 9, 2018

WEEKEND TRAVELS - sort of


My intention was to show you pictures of Blue Spring this week. The weekend before Bob left, we took a drive.. took the turn off Hwy 60 between Birch Tree and Mountain View on OO onto CR 492

About 2 miles on CR 492, you'll see this sign. you can only turn left. About 1.6 miles to junction 128/114. Just follow the crude sign. It's 3 miles to the river from there.


Of course, I have no pictures to show you. I can tell you the road was a much more pleasant drive than to Rhymers. As you near the river basin there is one steep spot and quite rocky. I thought we'd need the 4-wheel drive to climb back up.

As we reached the bottom, Bob's battery light on the truck came on. He didn't want to risk turning the truck off as there was no cell service and not the place to get stuck without transportation.

That said, from what I could see when we turned around there was a beautiful sheer cliff across from a sandy beach, separated by the most amazing blue water. I've only ever seen water that blue at Big Spring - which I'll show you on another trip. 

Here's information from Ozark National Scenic Riverways about BLUE SPRING.

I have a couple things in the works I want to start running here. I'll do my best but honestly, over the next few weeks I have 3 crucial deadlines:

August 25th - approx. 20 contest entries for the (OCW) Ozark Creative Writers Conference One is a travel article so that might be showcased here in some form.

September 26th - my birthday and the absolute deadline for A Christmas To Remember. That is my contemporary romance set in Eureka Springs AR. I want to have that finalized and copies ordered so that I can have them available for sale when I attend OCW the second weekend in October.

September 26th - Companion workbook to my talk on Social Media that I'm giving at OCW. Again, I need to be able to order these from Create Space and get them in on time.

I'll try to get in here at least once a week from now on. I'm trying to set Monday posts up on Sunday nights. Dividing time between blogging and the day job writing gets tricky when Bob is home, but he's gone for at least 2 more weeks so I'm diving in and tunneling through.

One of the series I want to start is Home Town Ozarks. If you have a small community with a quaint main street from days gone by in southern MO and northern AR, I'd love to hear from you. I might just travel your direction!

Country Blessings!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment