Monday, April 8, 2019

WEEKEND TRAVEL - Dining Out

A couple of weeks ago I was headed to Poplar Bluff. On my way through Van Buren I had a taste for the chicken tenders.. good ones. Not those tasteless breaded things but real breast meat tenders battered and deep fried til golden. Crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside.  I knew just where to go...
The Float Stream Restaurant in Van Buren.

Bob and I've eaten there several times. They have the best Hot Roast Beef With I've had in awhile... the kind served with REAL mashed potatoes. We've done the all you can eat cat fish buffet and breakfast on occasion. We've always been happy.

Until a few weeks ago...
Bob was on his way to Poplar Bluff and decided to pull in for lunch. The hostess showed him his seat and gave him a menu.... fifteen minutes later he still hadn't been waited on. The waitress totally ignored him. He finally got up and left.

Now, I have to stress THIS IS NOT THE NORM at The Float Stream. Someone was just having an off day.

What I DO WANT TO STRESS... is that Joey Crafton will make anything right if you give him the chance. He never knew my husband had issues until I stopped in. Here's the thing... if an owner doesn't know there's a problem, he can't fix the problem. That doesn't mean throwing a fit and trash talking the establishment. What you do is have an adult conversation... remember those?

So I pulled in, order my tenders and iced tea... prepared to work on my manuscript over a quiet lunch. The waitress was friendly and right on top of things. I asked to speak to the manager and he was happy to come out and talk with me. Joey Crafton is a good guy. He wants his customers to have an enjoyable experience and good food... to walk away with a plan to come back again.. and bring friends.

So if you're ever passing through Van Buren MO on Hwy 60... stop in to The Float Stream and enjoy a  meal... Oh.. and leave room for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment