Monday, July 27, 2020

WEEKEND TRAVEL - West Plains

Hi Everyone!

This was supposed to be last week's post but I've been down with my back for over a week. Before that, the weekend of this 'travel', I managed to drop a battery operated chain saw on my right foot and torqued my back taking out the garbage. That was the beginning of this more than a week-long aggravation.

While the swelling has subsided in my foot and most of the lovely purple tones are gone, the back is still being a pain - literally.  So bear with me, please as being at the desk isn't the most comfortable right now.

Okay.. off to my weekend travel.

West Plains is one of our go-to shopping spots. Our supercenter/ $ Tree/ ACE Hardware are our main stores to visit, though I've also been in Ramey's grocery for specific items. Last week I learned via the internet that our CashSaver is also the same as the 10box store in Poplar Bluff that I shop at frequently for our meat.

CashSaver bought one of our Ramey's locations several years ago. I checked out the store right after they opened and found it not very clean nor organized. I realize West Plains is in one of the top five poorest counties in Missouri but do our stores have to reflect that statistic?! I've never been back.

I've noticed that while the sign doesn't say 10Box, the Cashsaver sign is less predominate so I'll be checking the location out again soon. If I still see problems, I'll write to corporate.

Anyhow - while in West Plains a couple of weeks ago, I took a very hot stroll through the farmers market in the Endurance Church parking lot. There was a very nice variety of fresh meats/ seafoods as well as vegetables/ baked goods and hand-crafted items. 


The Church is located at 805 Worley Drive - West Plains MO  
Next to Hirsch Feed & Farm Supply

Here are a couple places for you to investigate.
My #1 choice is SGT. DAN'S REDNECK CATTLE CO.
Don't let the name fool you. Dan Crowder is a reallyl nice guy and a veteran. All Veteran's receive a 10% discount on purchases.
All meat is grown and raised in Oregon Co or just over the border into Randolph Co. AR, USDA inspected. 
He is currently working on a delivery route and will be happy to try and work a route close to you if you give him a shout. 
You'll find him on FB - Sgt. Dan's
Give him a call: 4179384834
Email: DanielCrowder7@gmail.com

Tell him you saw this on KellysCountry!

Next we have:
KELBY HUTSLER
Kelby is the seafood outlet.
Fresh from the gulf via SS J-BELK GULF SHRIMP AND CRAWFISH
Give him a call at 417-372-2015
He sells out quick so get there early!

I hope to be more mobile later in the week to take you along.  There is a cave near Van Buren I want to tour. 

Safe Travels & Country Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment