Monday, September 28, 2026

FLY LADY WEEK 1 - Kitchen & Laundry

 Good morning, everyone!

I am so in love with the fall weather that has finally arrived in the Ozarks. Our high today should only be about 79*. With full sun and me with TONS of work to be done in the house.


I'm back to cleaning the laundry room & kitchen. With all the office prep I have to do this week ahead of leaving for a writer's conference next week, I'm not digging in deep. Just making the rooms presentable. 
I've still not hauled out the fall decor. At this point, it's all about Halloween - hopefully by the weekend so I can enjoy it for a few days.

Laundry is cat counter and floors. Bob took recyclables in last week so I don't have to do those.
Kitchen is all about clearing that corner by the coffee pot I didn't get to last week so I can put up the Halloween display there, the coffee island, and the floors. I need to deep clean the refrigerator but that will have to wait until the the first week in November when I start prepping for Christmas baking. 

The only other thing for the kitchen is to prep meals/ leftovers for Bob to have at the ready while I'm gone for five days. That is the 1950's mentality. I always make sure there is food in the fridge/ freezer for Bob. While he is totally capable of cooking his meals, I like to provide him with a variety that is easy to grab. 

Aside from that I have to get blog posts and videos up ahead of leaving a week from Wednesday. I need everything scheduled/ posted through the 17th so I don't have to dive right into working as soon as I'm home. I want to spend a couple of chill days with Bob.

What room are you focusing on this week?

Be safe, Be prepared, Be Blessed!
~ Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment