Friday, October 4, 2019

PREPPING - Let's Be Squirrels!


According to the weather folks, our temps are finally supposed to start cooling down. I am so ready. I mean, seriously, today (as I type this) is October 1 and I'm still running the AC!) I am so ready for a REAL fall.

I do know 'winter' will be here eventually so I'm beginning to think about Prepping for winter.

I shop a lot at Dollar General. They carry the brand of toilet paper we prefer and price comparative to the other box stores. Periodically, they offer a $5 off $25 coupon to be used on the Saturday of that week. I stop in during the week and pick up one item from my list then go back on Saturday to stock up on a specific item.
Some of the items I purchase:

Charmin Mega Rolls
semi-generic paper towels
napkins
Bob's drink addatives (He likes the root beer, Orange and grape)
cans of Queso cheese
Personal hygiene products...

I pick up enough of the pricier items like the TP and Paper Towels one week. Next time the coupon comes around, I'll go to the next item on my list.
I'm spending $20 plus tax and gettting the necessities of the house

I will add that they do offer an app (of course there's an app for that!) where some weeks the coupon is only good on 'app' items.  I don't use the app. I don't need any more of my information being tracked than there is already. Some things you can avoid... others, not so much. Be selective.

What I'm going to suggest is that we take this room by room each week in October. By the end of the month, you should have a nice supply.

Week 1 - Bathroom
This one is pretty easy, that's why I started here.
Designate $20 (or as much as you can apply)
Go through your bathroom and make a list of the things you need to get through the winter
     toilet tissue
     personal items
     dental hygiene
     Vitamins
     hair care
     make-up 
            Note: I list this one if you use make-up on a regular basis. Anytihng other than 6 months                                should be tossed.
     cold/ flu over the counter items you use regularly like Nyquil, Ibuprophen, etc.

You get the idea.
This is also a good time to pitch things you've not used.

CYA next Friday for another Prepper/ Stock-up!
NOTE: I'm going to re-run this series.. IN COMPLETION.... beginning as soon as the SIP is lifted.

Country Blessings from the Ozarks.


No comments:

Post a Comment