Friday, September 27, 2019

GLADIOLAS!

I love GLADS. I think they are so pretty.

When I was about nine or ten, there was a man that lived down the road from us that grew either glads or iris'... commercially. I loved riding my bike up to his place just to look at the massive field of flowers.

If you've never been to a flower show, check one out next summer. The criteria for a Gladiola show in particular is stringent but the results the growers are capable of producing is spectacular.

I'm a gardener in the lightest respect of the word. I just like flowers. Before we moved here, Bob wasn't keen on my putting money into flowers because the places weren't our forever home. Here, he has given me cart blanche to spend what I feel comfortable with. He even built me new flower beds on either side of the front walk just before going back out on the boat this time.

This summer I planted gladiolas on the south end of my office. I want to plant a bunch more here next spring.



These were two of my favorites. I want to find some really dark ones, too. I'd love a couple of black ones.



2 comments: