Monday, September 23, 2019

FALL HAS ARRIVED!

Okay... not if you go by the thermometer. Today is the first day in weeks I've turned off the AC for the entire day and opened up the house. While the temp has been hovering around  80* inside and I've had the tower fan blowing on me, I refuse to turn on the AC. There is a gorgeous breeze blowing outside, billowing the curtains. Who needs the AC? Or the power bill?


When you begin seeing these lovely pieces of nature's art around your yard you know fall is just around the corner.

I usually get three to four of these beauties from the eve of the house to the top of the deck railing. I'm also guaranteed of seeing at least a couple stretch from the bird feeder to the clothes line - a distance of about 4'!

I haven't seen the garden zipper spiders yet. I keep watching. When they appear I know the garden is winding down and soon I'll be pulling up stakes and prepping for the quietness of winter.

Here in the Ozarks, we are about 15* above our normal temperatures and have seen barely any rain in 22 days! At least where I live. Springfield did get an inch or so last week. Lucky ducks!

For now, I'll just keep watering the garden. I'll have pictures tomorrow.

Thank you for all the views. Now if we could just make a little noise. If nothing else, say HI! LOL

Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

  1. I live about two hours now from springfield-up at the west part of lake in the ozarks-we finally did a nice rain yesterday-Happy fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still waiting for rain here. Supposed to get some this weekend. I'll mow this afternoon just in case.

      Delete