Monday, September 30, 2019

PEACHY LIFE!

When Bob and I moved in here almost fifteen years ago, one of the first things I wanted was a small orchard. I chose dwarf trees that were supposed to produce full-sized fruit. Yeah.

We've since lost all three of the cherry trees and two apple trees. The existing apple trees don't look any too healthy.

But the peach trees have done AWESOME... growth wise. Producing.. not so much.

A couple of years ago one of the trees was loaded with peaches but not quite ready to pick. We took a 4-day weekend to his younger brother's in Oklahoma and came home to find every single peach had been stripped.

We suspect this guy's relations were the culprits.


This year we had 3 peaches. 2 on one tree and 1 on another.


Of course, Bob was gone when the lone peach got ripe. I split this one three ways with the grandgirls.
The fruit was juicy and sweet.

Next year, being an even year, I'm hoping for a good production. We shall see. 
In the mean time, Bob keeps discussing not putting in any more trees. I keep telling him they will be an investment in our retirement. I'm not sure he's buying it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment