Friday, August 20, 2021

PREPPER FRIDAY - Zucchini!

 



Good morning, friends!

While the above picture did come from Pixabay, those could have easily come from my garden. I've been picking an average of six zucchini about every other day. 

One of my favorite ways to enjoy zucchini is sliced thin, tossed in seasoned flour and fried in butter Crisco. I do my green tomatoes the same way... nice and thin so they come out of the oil like a veggie chip. YUM!!!

I can only eat so many fried zucchini. I also love shredded zucchini in Morning Glory muffins. I didn't want to take up freezer room so I went in search of whether or not they could be dehydrated.

Yes!  Those thin slices will dehydrate nicely. Not sure how they'd reconstitute and fry but I'm going to try.  I'll keep you posted.

However, the ones that have become quite large, I'm going to shred and dehydrate. From there I can either reconstitute the shredded for those muffins or grind up to a flour for all sorts of fabulousness!  Might even be able to sneak some in to things so Bob will get more green veggies. :-D

Here's the video I found. I'll also link Victoria at A Modern Homestead blog. Mind you, this is not her video.


Now if the tomatoes would just start coming in. 

Do you have a favorite zucchini recipe. Please let me  know in the comments below.

Enjoy the Journey!
~Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment