Tuesday, August 10, 2021

TRAVEL TUESDAY - The Mill Vintage Market

Good morning, friends!

A few months back I noticed those big flags announcing a business along Hwy 60 just west of Elsinore MO. Then I saw the sign shown above.  My curiosity was piqued but I didn't have the opportunity to stop in until a few weeks ago. 

I'm so glad I did! 


Cathy and her husband have set up a unique and classy place to shop. 

Here in the Ozarks most places that offer booth spaces to rent are full of whatever people just want to get rid of or have purchased at an estate auction the Sunday before. In most of those types of places the booths are not kept very well and the merchandise is not displayed to its advantage.


TOTALLY different scenario at THE MILL

Each booth is clean, and artfully arranged. You can tell the sellers take their time with their booths, showing off their items to the best advantage. They also rearrange their displays frequently. 
As I told Cathy, her place has an elegancy that is so inviting -  more like a 'high end market' without the high end price.

Case in point, One booth had a vintage Tupperwear measuring cup... the kind where you can measure one cup of liquid or flip it over for a dry ingredient measure.... and only $5!  Well, I held off on buying the cup.  A couple weeks later I went back to get it... couldn't find it... but found this gem instead...


A perfect find for this junk journal maker (incidently, there is a booth where I lady has junk journals for sale! Nice ones.)

Of course, Bob thought he needed to quiz me... LOL 

The measuring cup was still there, as was a Paper Doll set of Princess Diana with her most important gowns. I couldn't spend much, but the cards had to come home with me. If I'm to have either of those two items, they'll be there when I have a bit more to spend.

You will find The Mill on Facebook & Instagram  You'll also find their hours listed on the FB Page

I'll be making more trips to The Mill. I look forward to seeing how this place evolves with the holidays. I can't wait to stroll through there this fall and into the Christmas season, Maybe I'll find a gem... maybe I won't. But one thing I can assure you of... 

I will
Enjoy the Journey
~Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment